Friday, March 04, 2011

Wow I'm on a roll

Woot check me out! another friday post... on a Friday!! man i'm getting good at this huh??

Hope all my lovely readers are fine and enjoying the first signs of spring appearing?

Us Polkadoodlers have been getting all spring like this week with Handmade Flowers! We were set the challenge to make a project featuring at least 3 flowers - BUT they couldn't be shop brought! O... M..G! you would not believe the amount of different types of flowers that are currently littering my desk that I made and didn't like.  The design team, as usual, have come up trumps with some beautiful flowers and I have my fingers crossed that they will pop up tutorials for some of them on their own blogs too!

Ohh before I show you my card I want you all to say Hi to the gorgeous Josie who joins our team from this week. She is so talented and her colouring skills with promarkers have me totally in awe of her skills. Check out her blog and you will see what i mean.

Right I decided to go all girly and pink with my card this week. It was actually really simple to make but looks cute (well i think so anyway :p)

I printed some pink backing paper and the gorgeous baby from Sundae of Seasons. I used the lovely Cherish punch around the page set to make a little mount for the baby. I love the idea of these but still need a little practice getting my dimensions perfect (so dont look toooo close)

I wrapped a little piece of lace around my backing paper and ribbon knotted around my mount and added a tiny little "made with love" charm.

For the flowers I cut some shapes on my cricut. Each flowers uses 4 identical shapes which are rolled and scrunched till they resemble roses and then glued together. Please let me know if you would like me to write a tutorial on how to make these?

Before I assembled the flowers I coloured some with Kuretake Kurecolors, and also just edged some with the same pens.

One they were glued to the card i finished off with some doodle dewdrops and of course the obligitory glitter added with the fantastic Wink of Stella clear pen. I know I mention it loads but seriously you NEED one of these pens.

I added the stitching with a white pen, and then went over with the glitter, and coloured my beautiful baby with the wink of stella too - just look at the gorgeous finish it gives.. with no drying time! Which for me is a great bonus as I decided to blob some stickles onto the roses for some shine and keep poking it to see if its dry so have very sparkly hands!



I also made a project for my stint over on the Fiskars Design Team.  I made a sweet little Spring coloured wreath using the gorgeous polkadoodles Candy Doodles CD.   It should be uploaded later today so check it out here...


3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are both Ace, Just found you here so following now. Hope you have had a great weekend, keep missing you on Twitter Hxxx

Lucy said...

aww :') thank you my lovely, luv ya x
your card is yet again so beautiful! Those flowers are amazing! So cleverly done, look better than any of my bought flowers!
you know i am a fan anyways, but love it.

xx

Fliss said...

Just beautiful Tracie and yes, please to the tutorial as those flowers are really gorgeous!
xx