Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Friday folks!!

Oh my!! Can you believe it 3 fridays blogged in a row? I must be ill?

Hope every one has had a fabby week? Its been a busy one here with hospital and doctors appointments for me and both the children, as well as working with some really gorgeous new products from the talented Nikky Hall all ready for their début at Harrogate Show next weekend.  If you are very lucky I might even give you a cheeky sneek peek later in the week.

I was also very excited when this dropped thru my door yesterday.....


Cos I'm in it!!! yep I got even more excited when I saw a picture of my project on the cover!!

It's instructions to make a gorgeous folded paper bouquet which I adore and looks so pretty. The instructions seem complicated but trust me once you have had a go you will be so surprised at how easy it is... have a go!! 

Now over to the main business of today.... its Polkadoodle Friday ....

This week we were set the difficult task of only using black and white plus an additonal colour. Well that had me stumped for most of the week. I finally come up with this.


My card uses the gorgeous BevvieBoo ( I know I managed to step away from the Gracie stamp for this week) I coloured her using cool greys 1-5 (grey is a shade of black right?) and Magenta and Carmine. Lookie her hair is the same colour as mine! ... (honest! look!!)




I then simply used eyelets to attach her to some black and white stripey paper from Love and Cherish then onto some black textured card. The ribbon was a white piece of organza ribbon that I coloured with the promarkers to match.

Finallly I used the fabby kuretake wink of stella clear (yes I know! I use it ALL the time but seriously once you have one so will you!) and a white gel pen for highlights.

I hope you like it? I think she looks super cool in those colours, but some of the other guys on the design team have done amazingly beautiful artworks with the challenge so please head on over there and have a look, and why not join in too?

Till later then friends, and I will be back midweek with the flower tutorial I promised and a few sneaky peeks if you are lucky

4 comments:

Fliss said...

Really great news about the mag project Tracie and I'm sure you're over the moon! Will have to check this out when I'm next in Smiths!
A really lovely card that you've made and I love Bevvie's hair - having had no idea yours is that colour - wow, wish I was that brave!
Thanks for making such a lovely card for my challenge theme and hope you have a great weekend.
Fliss xx

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting for you!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Vintage Milly said...

Oh what wonderful news, those flowers are beautiful too, well done, big hugs,
Em.

Saskia said...

Wow... congratulations!!!

And your Polka Doodle card is so beautiful, I love it!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)