Friday, February 25, 2011

End of February? WHAT! how did that happen??

OK so own up.. who stole the first two months of the year? I cant believe how fast time is going at the moment.. it just seems to run away with me. SO this week you get a extra special deal... 2 weeks of blog cards in one!!

So lets work backwards and start with the Newest....

This weeks Polkadoodle Challenge is something new we are trying called "Stash box Stamp" week... we love seeing how you guys incorporate stamps and products you already have with the fabulous polkadoodles ones. So this week we want to see just that.. Enfys added the extra challenge of using 2 ribbons and a charm too.

I used the "Willow with Umbrella" stamp from Whiff of Joy as my stash box stamp. I stamped it onto white card and again on to the red polka dot paper (from sundae of seasons). I then shaded the polka dot umbrella, overall and hair bow with grey pro-markers to add a bit of depth. Once I had coloured my main image with pro-markers I cut out and added the paper sections on top.

I then simply mounted it on more polka dots (of course.. what else!!) and red card stock that I had wrapped my two ribbons (OK OK so its twine and lace technically but they are in the ribbon section of the website so still count right?) and a small "made with love" charm which i think i got in a bag of loads from ebay.

I printed the wellies from Sundae of Seasons and decoupaged the front one and added to my stamped image. Finally for the sentiment I used my Xyron Design Runner to print love.

And then just because most of my cards have polka dots and sparkles I used the fab Clear Wink of Stella pen from Kuretake to add glitter to the spots, the blouse, the jeans and around the sentiment. I ADORE this pen and think I may need to buy the whole range when they are released. So simple to use, add loads of sparkle and no annoying drying time!


What do you think?






I also made this card for Fiskars UK - using the free Polkadoodles stamp from PaperCraft Essentials this month. You can see full instructions on how I made that over here....





Last week at Polkadoodles the lovely Saskia made us all feel hungry and asked us to create some Chocolat inspired cards. I used the choccy colours to make my creation. Again super simple (are my cards ever anything but?!).

I used the brown polka dots from Sundae of Seasons in dark and light to make my backing along with a piece of chocolate coloured card. I also used the new Cherish punch around the page set to edge it ( I LOVE this punch!!)

I stamped my favourite flutteryby fairy... Gracie and coloured her using Kuretake Kurecolors and Promarkers. I of course added the obligatory glitter with the crafting must have Wink of Stella clear pen.  The I got punch happy with the edges and used the PATP set to edge.

Finally I attached a big button that I randomly found on my desk... (I hope it wasn't waiting to be sewn on something?) and used a little bit of water and scrunching on vintage seam binding for my ribbon trim.

I was unsure how Gracie would look in browns but I really like this card, think the colours give her a more grown up edge. Check out the shimmer from the Kuretake pens on her.. how cool are they!



Finally my last card was again for Fiskars which used this lovely Vintage typewriter image available from Little Musings. If you want to see how I made it take a trip over to Fiskars for a look-see




Don't forget this week to tune into Create and Craft on Sunday at 10am for another fab show with the talented and awesome Nikky Hall, and she is on again Tuesday for two shows at 10am and 1pm. 

Nikky is also demonstrating at Jays Crafts in Milton Keynes on Saturday, so why not pop along and say hi to her?



1 comment:

Lucy said...

I always always love love LOVE your cards!!! beautiful!
xxxx