Thursday, March 08, 2007

SuperHeroes

Its friday again, which means its DARE DAY !

This week the dare was set by the talented Jo and she has titled it SUPERHEROES.

"I would like to challenge you to make a hero themed card. It could be a card for the Hero in your life or a Superhero themed card.... "

Firstly I went to Tesco and brought a spiderman comic cos it had 3 fabby free stamps with it. Then i got it home, realised the stamps weren't as fabby as they looked. In fact what was supposed to be spider man actually looked like a big headed alien. So I gave the comic to W's nephew and started again.

W came up with the idea of searching the net for a superhero comic strip (note: do not at any cost type the word "strip" into google images) . Finally a great site for kid's colouring pages were found and we found a great piccy of superman. I printed it out and sat very carefully colouring it, (stayed inside the lines and everything!). I then outlined the whole picture with a black zig marker to give it a comic type feel.

I matted the coloured image onto a piece of Karen Foster patterned paper free with Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine. Using coloured pencils I roughly carried on the design onto the area surrounding superman, added the words SUPERDAD and HERO and mounted the whole lot on a blank a6 card. Et Voila, a superhero card for a super dad!




Dont forget to check out Daring Card Makers to see what the rest of the design team came up with.

Till later xxx

10 comments:

Rhi said...

Brilliant Tracie, I love this card and your comments about staying inside the lines made me giggle :)

Kathy said...

ahhhh aren't you good at this colouring in stuff - I think that's worth a gold star!

I think this is a great card Tracie - love all the "zap" style words!

Lythan said...

Eeeh you clever girl - I can never stay between the lines. I love hearing about how you were inspired - its a great card!

Jo said...

lol at your stamp story - and at your googling bet some really 'interesting' sites came up :)

I love this card it looks so cartoony and a fab superhero card.

jo xx

Gillian said...

Ta for the google advise.. did have a lovely chuckle.. heeeheee..
Gorgeously Clever card Tracie..

Rachel said...

wow fantastic card Tracie, and lol at what you google for hehe

Anonymous said...

Brill card Tracie, I love how you've carried the doodling over the edge onto your main image, very clever!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Cool card - love it!

Sam said...

Fab card, love the story behind it too!czpwoeq

Paula J Atkinson said...

Cool card, staying inside the lines isn't as easy at it was when we were 4!!!
The lines are thiner for a start & the eyes aren't what they were!!