Friday, May 21, 2010

Well this week was my first week as part of the fabulous Polka Doodle Design Team. I was very honoured and surprised to be asked so was very nervous.

Unfortunately I have had one of those days where everything has gone totally wrong so the card didnt go quite as planned and I am not 100% happy with it but things can only get better right?

This week the challenge over at PolkaDoodles was set by the lovely Fliss. She wanted us to make a card in honour of Her Mum in her favourite colours of Blue and Peach.

I used a selection of polkadoodles products to create my easel card. I didnt add a full size panel as I wanted my Fairy Flutterby to poke over the top so you could see through her wings.


I covered the bottoms panel of the card with the gorgeous Candy Wings in Blue from Candy Doodles CD and added black promarker stitching. After folding the top panel I covered half of it in the same Candy wings so it didnt look bare when folded into the envelope. on the outer half I used the tiny butterfly from the Meeshelle Fairy Flutterby set and stamped several times without reinking in blue and peachy orange.

I stamped Maggie onto white card and coloured her in with my promarkers using blues and peachy/orange tones. I stamped her wings onto Acetate and coloured on the rever with promarkers and blotted with a tissue. Then I added a thin layer of PVA and loads of ultra fine glitter. I 3D mounted this with foam pads so that the wings poked over the top of the card. I then used to Candy Alphas from Candy Doodles to spell out MUM.

Finally I added a Best Wishes Sentiment from All Around and Everywhere. All products are available from Polkadoodles so get on over and have a look - but dont blame me if you end up wanting it all!!







So there we have it - my first submission for the Polkadoodles Design team. Dont forget to join in our challenge and leave a link on the main blog to your project.  Dont forget to check the post below for details of a position on the design team....

No comments: