Friday, May 28, 2010

Sew Fine!

Its friday again and what a lovely week we have been having weather wise. Would it be moany of me to ask for it just a little bit cooler? 
This week over at Polkadoodles it was Lou's turn to set the challenge....

"Sew and Sew"


I would love you to add some sewing to your project this week. You could do this with your sewing machine, by hand, faux sewing/stitches or some of you might even have a rubber stamp that looks like sewing. The choice is yours!

I had two ideas this week (i know it must be the heat!) but went with the "not card" item for a change. Carl and I have recently decorated my little girl Graces Bedroom and she is so pleased with her proper big girls room that I thought I would make her a name plate for her door.


I started by printing a selection of papers from the "bright and beautiful" collection on the All Around and Everywhere CD.  I then used the bunting template on the CD to cut the overall shape and the smaller triangle. I glued it into place then machine stitched around the edge. I must say please excuse my sewing, it was late and its soooo wobbly.

Using my scalloped and plain square nestabilities I cut the diamond and again machine stitched together. I added Graces name using some lovely foam letters from Poundland!

I printed the pink polkadot paper then printed on the reverse using the distressed flowers from the Candy Doodles cd. Once cut out I screwed them up and run my scissors round the edge a bit and stuck together with 3d foam. I cut some green dot paper into strips and curled with my scissors then stuck it onto the banner, followed by the distressed flower.

To finish I cut a button from the embellishment section and covered it with glossy accents and attached as the flower centre

So why not join in the fun over at polkadoodles and dont forget to leave a link showing us your sewing magic.

Till next week xxxxx

No comments: