Friday, November 03, 2006

Dares' up - Sew look!


Oh my! That was my first words as seeing Kathys [url=http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/]Dare[/url] or something to that end anyway. Hmmmm a card to incorporate sewing, after last weeks kitchen dare. And if theres one thing I am worse at then cooking its chuffing sewing!!!

So here's this weeks offerings:

Card One Santa.

I love this little santa piccy. It was part of a scrapbooking paper by Paper Wishes and I cut his square out and added a little glitter onto his hat band, pompom and mitten band. Then mounted him onto green bazzil card cut into a tag shape , then again on a red one. Then came the sewing part, and many minutes and pricked fingers later I added in REAL SEWING!!!! 4 crosses in each corner, a real sewn on button and the stitched words "with love" all mounted on a dark green bazzil card base.

Card Two - Cute as a Button

Sorry for the photograph of this card, the flash sent it silly but without it, it all went a bit wobbly.

This one was made on a plain white cardstock base. I then attached 2 strips of ribbon down the card (ok i glued them rather than sewing) I then stamped and double mounted a baby footprint stamp by hero arts. The stripy paper is MMKids. I then used white rubons for the wording, swapping the O for a mini white button and mounted that on the stripey paper too.

To finish it off I added sewn on buttons at the top of the ribbon and 3 down the side of the card and tied off with white embroidery thread. Oooh I also lightly rubbed a little blue chalk all over the card.

So lets get going and I cant wait to see your cards. Dont forget that if you dont have blogger you can now email your cards to us at daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk and we will include you in the gallery.

Needles poised? Ready... Steady.... SEW!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards, sew good(!) Can't wait to get started on mine now!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Lovely cards thought you said you couldn't sew!!!!

Kathy said...

She's such a fibber, Paula, isn't she? remember - she said she couldn't cook then went on to show us a pile of cakes she'd made....

Oblibby said...

I love these, Tracie. Sew impressed with your sewing skills.

Kelly K said...

I love the Santa one!! He's too cute. She says a lot of things she doesn't mean, our Trace... ;-)

Jane said...

lol Lisa ! sew funny !

Tracie I love your cards....really cool.