Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Blogging

Hope everyone is having a good bank Holiday Friday? There certainly is a few of them this next few weeks isnt there!

Its a busy weekend here in our household. We move on Tuesday so we are spending the last few days making sure everything is packed and ready to go.

I did manage to fit in a couple of design team commitments before I had to pack up my crafty stash *sob*

First up we have the Polkadoodles challenge which was set by .. MOI! I challenged the team to make a project using 3 different patterned papers.


I decided with the royal wedding coming up next week I would get all patriotic and make a union Jack card. I had this card pictured in my head so am so surprised it turned out as well as it did as its not very often that my head ideas translate to paper projects.


I used the lovely colour papers from Sundae of seasons to make my super simple card. I cut a piece of the blue hearts to cover the whole card blank, Then 2 white strips of the beighe polkadots and the pink hearts. They were really easy then just to layer to create the flag design.


To finish off I wrote L O V E with a black pen on some white paper and cut them out for the bottom corner.

Head on over to the challenge blog and see all the other fabby items the Design team have made.


I was also lucky enough to be asked to be a guest designer for Little Musings. SJ created a fabby digi kit "TreeHouse" for me to use.

These are the designs I came up with using the elements of the kits. I love the paper pieced treehouse it looks so cute. Thanks so much SJ for letting me play with your designs.











I also managed to sneak in a couple of cards with other Little musings. I LOVE the dinosaur one and my 5 year old wrote the sentiment for me.






1 comment:

Helen Anderson said...

They're all great Tracie - you're very talented! Hope the house move goes well for you all.
Love, Helen xx