Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome to the house of Cold!!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are all well - we all have the dreaded flu in this house (apart from my son and OH who have man flu so obviously are MUCH poorlier than me and G *rolls eyes*)

Firstly an apology if you came here last week looking for my blog post, it was scheduled but well i could blame blogger but tbh it was me - I scheduled it for 2011! oops.

So lasts weeks card was all about the sentiment and I made this acetate card.


I love this scooter section on the fab NOT FOR GIRLS CD, you may be thinking you have seen this card before as it was featured in this months issue of Complete cardmaking!!!! I KNOW!!! little old me! in a magazine!! I was sooo pleased with myself. There were 4 pages of my designs, a little pic on the front cover and the editor chose one of my cards as one of her favs! of course its easy to make good cards with the fantastic products from Polkadoodles . I was so excited to be featured and hopefully it wont be the last time (*whisper* any mag editors looking for designers email me *shameless plug ends* )

This week at the polkadoodles challenge blog it was the lovely Dee's turn to set the challenge and she asked us to create something to hold a gift.

Unfortunately due to the lurgy this week my make is quick and simple. I made a little gift card holder just perfect for sending those little plastic gift vouchers to those "hard-to-buy-for" people. The one in the pic is actually my sons Fireman sam plastic credit card but its the same size lol.

I used paper, borders and sentiment from the fantastic Jingle Jangle CD and it was so quick to make. If anyone would like the dimensions for it then give me a comment and I will post them up for you.

**EDIT**

After looking at these this morning I decided it needed something else so I added the good old scrafters go-to of stickles Glitter!!! I added icicle stickles to the snowballs, and the sentiment - then added red and green to the holly . I also made one in a different colourway but larger to fit cash!





Well I shall be back in a few days hopefully feeling a little better as will we all but dont forget the gorgeous Nikky Hall is on Create and Craft next Thursday (16th) at 9am (you can stream via the website too) and I know she will have some scrummy products to show you so have a word with Santa and get yours lists ready.

5 comments:

Tip Top said...

Hehehe! I did that earlier in the week too - I'm already thinking 2011 is here!!

Love the Fireman Sam credit card - hehehehe!!!!

Saskia said...

Great Polkadoodles-work!!!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Lucy said...

it may have been quick and simple, but its really effective! Love it! xx

Vintage Milly said...

They are both really lovely, so quick to make too, great idea,
Em.x

Colette said...

Brilliant holders, a million times better than the ones you get in the shops, and it makes the gift a little more personal. Great idea!
Colette xx