Friday, July 09, 2010

Firstly thank you so much to everyone who made such lovely comments about my paper flowers. I promise you that I will write a tutorial for it and get it posted here as soon as possible.

This week it was Enfys turn to decide on a challenge for the polkadoodle blog. She asked us to make something with ...

A Summer Theme



I have two identical cards to show for this weeks challenge as I made the card originally in Pink and my other half said "green is a more summery colour" so I remade it in Green too and as much as I hate to admit it ... *cough* i prefer the green too.. sssh dont tell him!

Thats the beauty of Nikkys Polkadoodle CD's the elements come in such a lovely array of colour choices that you can replicate cards and make sets in a rainbow of colours just as easily and without spending loads of money. I cannot believe how much money I have saved since I started using CD's instead of buying ridiculous amounts of printed papers and embellishments.

I started off wth a piece of A5 Linen card folded in half (tent fold) as my card blank. I printed a sheet of "just plain Candy" in pink (and Green!) and a sheet of Candy Wings Stampies in the same colours from the Candy Doodles CD. 


I cut the plain candy into a small strip and used a Martha Stewart border punch (available from Polkadoodles) down each side. I then added a smaller strip of plain white linen. I cut out two diferent sized butterflies and slightly bend and curved the wings to give them some movement. Then using stickles and liquid pearls i embellished different sections of them. I also used the liquid pearls to dot the centre of the punch border flowers. I then used pinflair glue gel to attach them to the card, and added glitter dots below them.

Finally I printed a sentiment sheet from "All Around and Everywhere" cut it out, added a bit of glitter and 3D mounted it.


I think I might have a go at making some more in all the Candy Wings colours and bundle them together as a collection, they would make a lovely gift for someone... oooh ideas ideas

1 comment:

Nettie said...

These are stunning Tracie. They look so elegant.x