Friday, December 01, 2006

Sing When You're Winning .....

This week was Kel's turn to dare us all. Our Dare was inspired by her fabby blog and we were to make a card using a song title or lyrics. Hmmmm was a lot harder than I thought as my mojo seems to have gone on christmas break already. I tried 4 or 5 designs till I come up with an idea I actually half liked so here it is

Material Girl

I used a white square card blank this week for a change. I matted a dark pink textured cardstock with rob and bobs dot stripe paper and stuck that flat to the base. I used the rob and bob sizzix dress die to cut the dress from the same paper, using black to accentuate the trim. I also added a hand punched flower. I then 3d mounted the dress on foam pads. Then using my new friend Colin (the craft robo) I cut the words MATERIAL GIRL and stuck them down the side. This weeks was simple and to the point, but I think it meets the challenge. Why not head on over to Daring Card Makers now and show us your cards too?

Cyber Sunday
Remember Kathys fab Christmas Tree card from last weeks dare? Well on Sunday Scrapstars are hosting a cyber crop, and Kathy has kindly provided a class on how to make it. Unfortunately Kathy is away this weekend so I am standing for her. There are fabulous activities running from 9am - 9pm, my class is at 2pm and I will be around to help with any questions then. I hope to see you there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another fabbo card as per usual Tracie. Interesting dare too!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE your card. Its so fun! Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Really like this Tracie xx

Anonymous said...

Love this fun card... Great papers and diecuts...can't stop singing that song in my head, now I've seen your 'material girl' card...

Kathy said...

I love this card.

I really like the 50's feel it has, but with a very modern edge

Paula J Atkinson said...

hi, am finally getting caught up with all the blogs. I subscribe to feed on most so I know when they update!!!
Love this card, love the song!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Tracie, what a lovely dress.

Andrea

Unknown said...

I love your card.Very stylish!!